Teaching Business: Tips and Guidelines
Faculty use a number of techniques to engage students in the Business classroom. MERLOT modules can assist in learning with a variety of techniques including cases, tutorials, simulations, and quizzes.
- Sample Case Study
- Concept of using a real-life example to solve business problems
- Students research the problem, develop alternatives, and find a solution.
- Sample Interactive Tutorial
- Integrates conceptual presentation, demonstration, and practice
- Reinforces what was covered in the classroom
- Sample Simulation
- Permits imaginary experience where actions affect outcome
- Provides close to "real-life" experiences
- Sample Quiz
- helps to measure how much the student has learned.
Modules are also available for Special Teaching Needs.
MERLOT members are welcome to suggest content for this page in our business portal. Please send your ideas to the Business Portal Editor, Theresa B. Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that your message does not get flagged as spam, please include MERLOT in the subject line.